Ask these budget questions when you tour an apartment/house:
- What is the monthly rent?
- What’s included in that rent‚ utilities, water, gas, internet, cable?
- What’s not included and what is the average monthly cost for electric, water, gas, internet, cable and garbage disposal?
- Do you have a pet? Factor in the deposit and fees for the pet at the apartment community and monthly cost for food, medical and grooming care.
- Do not forget the insurance before you sign your lease. See how much it will cost monthly to insure your apartment or house.
- Do not forget you will need fuel for your scooter or car‚ or are you going to use the bus?
- How much do you spend monthly on a meal plan or groceries?
- Do not spend so much on rent that you cannot see a movie or go to dinner with your friends and have a little fun.
- What do you spend on clothing, shoes, and accessories monthly or yearly?
- It is good to save a little money every month to cover those unexpected emergencies. Decide how much money you can save every month because every little bit counts.