- There are benefits in getting to know your neighbors.
- You can make new friends.
- Safety: Your neighbor is more likely to watch out for you and your apartment if he/she knows you.
- Community: You can ensure your neighborhood will be a great place to live by communicating and respecting your neighbors.
- Learn to communicate about the little things so it’s easier when big things come along.
- Let your neighbors know if you plan a party. Give your neighbors your phone number so they can call you not the police if things get too loud.
- Be responsible for your guests.
- Know the city codes that relate to you including parking, noise, garbage, and lawn care.
- Dispose of all garbage properly.
- Park only where you are allowed to park not on the lawn or blocking the road.
- If you are renting a house, maintain your property as required by your lease and city codes.
- If you have issues that have gotten out of hand, talk to your management or landlord.
- Maintain balconies or exterior yards. Keep Gainesville beautiful.